Levy Objection Period
Consultation is underway with all prawn farmers regarding two new proposed compulsory levies:
- White Spot Repayment Levy,
- APFA Domestic Marketing Levy.
The face-to-face levy consultation process invites additional submissions and / or objections regarding these two proposed levies.
As required by DAWR, a 30-day Objection Period has been set as follows:
Start Date: Monday 4th February 2019
Finish Date: Friday 8th March 2019 (5PM Qld Time).
Written objections can be submitted during the Objection Period to:
- DAWR: Response.Policy@agriculture.gov.au
- APFA Executive Officer: Kim.Hooper@apfa.com.au
- Independent consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
The details of the Objection Period have been emailed or posted to each known active prawn farm, and to known new farms in development.